Monday, April 7, 2008

Sad The Weekend Is Over

Why do the weekends fly by so quickly???? Probably because your so busy on the weekends catching up on things you can't do during the week because of work. And that's the kind of weekend we had. It was a busy one, but a good one. Friday night I went to see my Grandmother at her new nursing home. She moved about a week ago because where she was did not have any long term care and where she is now does. Things must happen for a reason because my family is so much happier with her being at Statesman's. She gets paid attention to so much better, she is clean everyday and the nurses and aids just seem so much nicer. I'm happy to see she is getting the attention she needs. It is just so sad in there. I feel so sorry for all of those people that are in there because you know they are never coming home again. Their home is now at the nursing home having people feed them for those that can't, having people change them and get them dressed everyday, people giving them a shower. Just so sad. Life is just mean sometimes. But my grandmother seems to be doing okay for the most part. Not okay in like she is getting better because she never will actually she has gotten worse in that way but okay as in she doesn't mind to be there. But I had to leave shortly after because I just started feeling so bad with watching everyone there. So I went home and gave Gina a million kisses.....
Sat. was the busiest day. Went to swimming classes in the morning. Gina had so much fun!!! Of course she gave me a problem about getting out because she was having so much fun and the water was so nice I didn't want to get out. I put Gina underwater for the first time!!!! LOL! The first attempt I couldn't do it then the second time I did it. LOL! She was okay about it and wanted to do it again so I did again. LOL! She was so cute! And she has so much fun with the songs they sing and jumping in the pool. I can't wait to take her again on sat. Afterwards went out to breakfast, then went home to take nap. Gina of course not me because I had to many things to do. Then we went over Lina's house to play in which when it was time to leave she did not want to. She was sitting in this little car at the time and would not get out so I left her there and went food shopping. LMAOOOOOO Her grandmother was there so it was okay plus she was having alot of fun. I knew it was going to be the same thing when I came back to get her and I was right she didn't want to leave but this time she didn't fight me to much. After we went home and unpacked everything we decided to go to the mall with Mom Mom..... What did I come home with....Stuff for Gina. I hardly even buy myself anything anymore when I go out. I try to look but then I find my eyes wondering over to the kids section or find my legs going into Baby Gap LOL!!! For me to look for myself I just need the time to look if I feel rushed or anything forget it unless I really see something that catches my eye. But Gina made out anyway so that's fine with me.
Sun. didn't do to much the weather was crappy anyway. Took Jessie grooming and that's about it!! Sad to see the weekend end though. In the mean time I will just count down the days until this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I remember that with my grandfather at the nursing home. It is sad, but that's great that you visit your grandmother - its sad how many people don't.

I do the same thing - I find myself shopping in the "Oooh, Jenna would look CUTE in this!" section! LOL! LOL!

Stephanie said...

LOL so funny your experiencing what i experience when its time to leave..and they don't want to leave. LOL
I hear you on the shopping, both brian and i do the same thing, we go shopping for ourselves and end up bringing stuff home for the kids. LOL Must be a parent thing.