Thursday, May 29, 2008

Knots in my belly.....(might be a long one)

It feels like its been forever since I wrote on here but it was only last week. Well I have some things to update about.
Gina's Pre-Admission Appt. on Friday went well. Of course we waited longer then we actually saw the nurse for. The nurse checked her out and she is now all set for her procedure on Wednesday. Ekkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I'm nervous! I know everything is going to go well with the surgery because Gina has an awesome doctor. But I'm very nervous how the day is going to start. Like when Gina wakes up in the morning she is going to want a "cuppy" Well she can't have one. They said I can give her a sip of water if she really needs it, but Gina doesn't know what a sip is. Have you ever seen Gina drink a cup? She downs it in like 2 sec. So even if I tried to give her a "sip" and then take it away from her she is going to get very upset because she LOVES her "cuppies" Its like giving a kid who loves lollipops just one lick and then taking it away. Thats how much Gina loves her cuppies. Then of course when we get there and they are poking her and checking this and that oh and that reminds me I need to take her earings out. And then when they give her the silly juice omg! I think I'm going to be a wreck....just to see how she reacts on that stuff. Scary!! I said to the nurse practioner. What if she has an allergic reaction to it????? Okay not thinking when I asked it because where is Gina getting her surgery done at??? A HOSPITAL!!! Yup! The safiest place for her to be if she does have an allergic reaction. I told you I'm nervous. LOL!! And then when she wakes up and has that stupid IV in her arm. Now when we went on Friday the nurse said no she will not need one and he doesn't know why they told me she will so that would be great if she didn't need one!!!! I would love it if she doesn't!! And I'm going to make sure I tell them the minute she is done I want to be back there for when she wakes up!!! Because last time I wasn't allowed back until she woke up. I guess to see how she was going to react. Well this time she is a little older so I need to be back there! I just want to get this done and over with....
So after her appt. we went to Bouncing Off The Walls. We had the whole place to ourselves for about 1/2 then people started to come. Like always Gina had fun!

Another reason why I have knots in my stomach is because my Grandmother is not doing good at all. I went to see her on Sunday and I couldn't beleive the way she looked. It was so sad. Her face sunk in more then the last time I saw her and now she is unresponsive. BUT GUESS WHAT?!?! When I went on Sunday she responded to me....Yup she did!! I was so happy! As soon as my Uncle said"Mom, Angela is here to see you" SHE OPENED HER EYES!!!!!! I was like OMG! That made me so happy and I just sat and talked to her. I was very close to my Grandparents growing up and even though my grandmother has alzheimers she still remembered certain people like my mom and my grandfather and I know she remembered me still. But sunday it really hit me....My Grandmother is going to die. We are bascially watching her die right now. My Mom thinks its going to be within a couple of days. Its just so sad!
So that is why I have been walking around with knots in my stomach not thinking clearly.

On a better note my job has started summer hours so on Fridays I get to leave at 2:00pm!! Provided we get all of our work done. Well you know I will get all of my work done! LOL!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'd be nervous too! But Gina is going to be just fine, she has a great doctor! I'd be thinking the same things too if I were you too, like Jenna needs certain things at certain times and how are you going to say no?! Everything is going to be just fine!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother - we went through it just a couple of months ago with my grandfather and it is hard. We were extremely close with him. But she did live a great life and that's what you can always remind yourself of.

Stephanie said...

Oh the silly juice LOL I remember Leann, after she drank the juice and as the nurse took her back, Leann was so drugged up, playing with the nurses earrings LOL I just laughed. She will do great!!

I'm sorry to hear how your grandmother's doing. Its so sad to watch them go thru this. I really enjoyed your grandparents, they are so cute together! I remember at Gina's birthday party, as your grandparents were leaving your grandmother was so cute w/ Leann. leann was eating, making a usual mess of herself and your grandmother greeted her so nice and patted her her head and smiled at her.