Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another....

As discussed in an earlier blog, Gina had her surgery on June 11Th. It was rescheduled from June 5Th due to my Grandmother passing away. Everything went pretty good. I thought I was going to have a tough time in the morning with Gina wanting a "cuppy" but she did good. I woke her up pretty last min. and got her in the car. She did ask for it a couple of times but we kept her busy to get her mind off of it.

Once we got there which was about 7:30pm her appt.time we waited for a little bit then got called back into pre-opt where they go over the history and we met with the Anesthesiologist. They told me the whole procedure was going to take 45 min. which was longer then what they told me in the beginning which was 25 min. They also told me they were going to have to insert a breathing tube in her and I was like what why?!?!? I had no clue about that and for an instant got into freak mode.While we were back there they decided they didn't need to give her the juice that would make her act silly. The reason because they said she was being so well behaved and was in a great mood I was kind of happy about that because I really didn't want to see her on that stuff cause it would have made me sad but at the same time I kind of would have liked her to have been knocked out a little so she wasn't scared in the back w/out me. But oh well. She went w/the nurse really good but I saw her little face when they were walking back and she was looking at me and that made me really sad.....By the time she went back it was 8:35. We waited and waited and finally at 9:25 the doctor came out to tell me she was done and everything went well. He said both her ears were infected and the right one was worse. He also said they had to give her a steriod through her IV because with her already having a cold and then everything draining from the adenoids and tubes her asthma flared up and she had a couple of spasms but he said she was doing really good and just sleeping right then so he said they will come get me when she wakes up....Well they didn't come to get me until 10:00!!! It doesn't seem likt its that long 9:25-10:00 but it was. It felt like 4 hours passed by. Anyway so I walked back and there she was crying and saying I want my mommy in this little scratchy voice. Because they had to insert a breathing tube, her voice was horse and she had a croup like cough. The minute she saw me she calmed down and fell asleep in my arms where I just sat and rocked her in those uncomfortable rocking chairs they have!!! Can't they put some padding on it my god!
Gina also needed extra oxygen because she was so full of junk from draining everything so I had to hold a tube up to her face. They finally said she could drink something and they offered her a popcicle and she turned both down. I did not like that and started questioning the nurse and she assured me it was because she was still groggy from the anesthesia. Finally Gina wanted her cuppy which made me happy but she did not want the popcicle at all. They finally moved us out of recovery and over to post-op where Gina was really starting to come back to her normal self and she was trying to rip her IV out of her arm.....We called the nurse over and she decided just to take it out. But you can see that in one hand they tries to stick her and I guess it wouldn't work so then they did it in the other hand so she has 2 bad brusies on each hand.
They finally let us go around 11:30 and once we got home Gina was Gina. Playing and running around. It took her no time at all to bounce back! I'm glad its over and done with and I hope this is the last set of tubes she will need. From the adenoids out I noticed her little raspy voice is gone. :( I loved her raspy voice. Now its just a little voice and you can tell she is feeling great!

No comments: