Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As Promised

I'm finally writing on here today. I haven't really been in the mood since my Grandmother passed away because its been hard but here I'am today. 5/30 was the date my Grandmother passed away with all of us by her side. When I say all of us I mean her 4 children and all of her grandchildren. Not trying to sound weird or anything but we couldn't have asked for a better way of her passing. All of us by her side to watch her take her last breath and to just be there with her. No struggling, just very peaceful. I always wondered why people would say it was very peaceful. How could any death be peaceful?!?! But it really was. So we have a lot to be thankful for. And the most important part we need to be thankful for is she is not suffering anymore with that awful disease. Now she is in heaven with the best memory and no more diabetes either.....
For her viewing and funeral we all wore the color purple because that color represents the Alzheimer's Disease. The day of her funeral it started out crappy but then turned out to be a nice day. We had such a big funeral procession....we even had the Bristol Twp. police, State Troopers and my brothers new under cover unit escorting us to all the places we had to go... even all the way up to the burial which was in Plymouth Meeting.It was really huge!!!! My Grandmother would have loved that.
I'm going to miss my Grandmother a lot, but I need to be thankful that I had her in my life for 29 years. A lot of people don't get to have their grandparents that long. That I'm lucky for.
RIP Grandmom!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can totally relate because you know, Steph and I were in the room along with our family when our grandfather took his last breath. It does sound weird that it was peaceful because how could death be peaceful, but the fact that neither one of them suffered and had the people that loved them the most in the room, that's peaceful.

That's awesome that you guys all wore purple, she would have been proud to see that!!!!

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother!

Angela said...

Thank you very much....