So it is all set. Wednesday June 4Th Gina will be getting her adenoids removed and tubes reinserted in her ear. This has been the worse week for poor Gina. She woke up Wednesday morning crying really hard and pulling at her ears. I knew she had an ear infection. She had a cold right before that but no ear infection yet so I knew it was coming and sure enough it did. Thank god I have an awesome ENT Doctor and he gave me refills on her antibiotic just in case she did get another one. I'm so thankful for him! Sometime Wednesday morning Gina started throwing up and having the diarrhea. She had the bad stomach virus that is going around right now. Great like my baby needs that on top of being in pain from her ears!!! I feel so sorry for her. She just can't catch a break and then to make things worse she gets hit double this week! She just wanted me to hold her all morning long and that's exactly what I did. I miss being able to just sit there holding her like when she was a baby anyway so I took advantage of it.
So remembering what my ENT doctor told me, "If she gets another ear infection, we need to take the adenoids out and put new tubes in." So I placed the phone call and he called me back and I said lets do it!!! I know in the long run this is the best thing for her, but I just can't help to feel panicked of course and have 50 million questions. I'm sure they are used to people like me.
I'm going to be a mess that day OMG!!! Last time when she went to get her tubes put in she was little enough where it was okay for the nurse to just carry her away...but this time I know will be different, she is not going to let anyone take her w/out her Mommy!
The doctor told me she is going to wake up with an intravenous in her arm and she is not going to like it!!! I'm like great! Is she going to try and rip it out of her arm?!?! They hurt really bad! I think they hurt and I can tolerate pain but IVs are the worst! And I made sure to ask that they are not putting the IV in her arm before hand because she will not sit still for that and he said NO!!! She will not have the IV in her arm until she is out! Thank god!!!
My poor little girl...I can't wait for her to feel better she has been through enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww, poor Gina!!!! But that's good that they are doing this all now and hopefully it'll be better for her in the future! Its so hard when they are that sick on top of being in pain!!!!
I know exactly what your going thru and when you first walk back there after the surgery she isn't going to look too happy, just hold her tightly till she calms down, once the pain meds kick in and she gets some fluids and food in her, she'll act like nothing ever happened to her. And away the sickies go!!! :)
Post a Comment