





So this past weekend was a busy one. Sat. morning I took Gina to her first swimming class and Mom Mom came along with us. We also meet Stephanie, Brit and Leann there too. It was so much fun!!! And Gina looked adorable in her little bathing suit. When we first sat down on the ledge of the pool and only our feet were in the water Gina was fine she was splashing away with her feet, and then came time to get into the pool. At first she gave me a little bit of a problem and just hung on to my neck for a little while. But once I showed her everything was okay she was totally fine. Then we sang some songs and did cute little water things to go with them, like splashing with the feet and hands and then they did Humpty Dumpty and this was Gina's favorite, where they sat on the wall and we had them "jump" in. She LOVED that part. The only part we did not participate in was going under water. I jus feel it is too soon for that and honestly I'm a little afraid with her having tubes. But I didn't want to do that to her on the 1st class. Then it was time to get out and Gina did not want to. By then she was used to the water and was having so much fun. But we did, got dressed and home we went.
I figured since it was such a nice day out on sat. I would take Gina to get her Easter pics done. So we ate lunch and took a nap that way she would be refreshed. After we got up and started to get ready I decided to first call Babies-R-Us to make sure their machine wasn't down, because I have done that 2 times already where I got Gina all ready went all the way up their and oops sorry our machine is down and we don't know when it will be back up. So thank god I did call because they said their was a long wait and they didn't have anything available until 6:30pm. I didn't care for the time but oh well I wanted to take her that day because the weather said it was going to be crappy on sunday. But anyway, Gina did such a great job with her pictures. We were not there long at all because she was so great. She smiled for every single picture and was just so cute!!!! Even when it was time to pick the pictures that I was going to get (which was VERY HARD) she was great!!!! And I love her pictures! She is just sooooo cute!!!
So sunday comes and Gina wakes up fine, but as the day goes on she started not to feel good and it just got worse and worse. Now she wasn't eating or drinking,because of that she didn't have any wet diapers, she was crying so hard like something was hurting her, like she was in some kind of pain. The first thing I thought of was omg her ears. She has a bad ear infection or something. Then she started to drool really bad so okay I thought maybe she is getting her 2 yr old molars in. Well the crying just kept getting worse and worse so Tom and I made a decision to take her to St. Mary's because they have the special Ped. Unit now just for kids. The wait actually wasn't bad at all. So back we went where Gina was fine until the nurses come in to look in her ears, take her blood pressure and her temp. They took it rectal and I felt soooooooo sorry for her I have never done Gina's temp. that way only because I just can't. I know I wouldn't like something stuck up my ass, plus I just can't bring myself to do it. Well of course at the hospital they want to because you get an exact reading and blah blah blah. Well the temp they got that way was the same as the one I got in her ear earlier. 101.7.
They did a throat culture for strep and they did a nose culture to see if she had the flu. They all came out negative and even her ears were fine. So what the heck is it?!?!! They diagnosed her with an Upper Respitory Infection Virus. I'm just so confused and still am because she has no congestion what so ever!!!! No cough, no boogies what the hell?!?! They did see that her throat was pretty raw so that is probably what was making her so uncomfortable. I have never seen Gina act this way before when she has been sick and she gets sick pretty often because of daycare, but never has this happened.
But as of today she is doing a little better. Still a little cranky but it is to be expected and it is going to take a little while to get over. We go and see her Ped. tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. My poor baby......I feel so sorry for her!!!!
1 comment:
Those pictures are SOOOO cute!!! That's great that Gina loves the swimming class! Steph said that the kids did great!
Poor Gina, I hope she's feeling better now!!! It's always the worst when they are crying like that and you can't figure out what's the matter with them - good thing you took her to the ER, rather be safe than sorry!
Post a Comment